Days gone by… or long long ago… this is what ‘Auld Lang Syne’ means. It might seem crazy to some to mark a year off by the passing of one day but not for me. Somehow the toll of midnight will be what I need to start anew, refresh, and fill up with the anticipation of what the next 365 days will offer.
2013 was tough but it was productive and I am grateful for every single day. I grew up and reclaimed my youth all in one year. This has proven to be a bit of a challenge as I struggle to acknowledge the truth of some facets in my life and finding my voice to ‘speak out’ when I realize it’s my right. Yet, at the same time I can understand ‘why’ some people say or do things that bring me to ‘speak out’. It doesn’t make them OK, or to be ignored, it’s the perspective.
Though 2013 was ‘tough’ there were many blessings and I think it is a good thing for all of us to take the time and write out the blessings the year has offered:
- This year I traveled to New Mexico on a journey to ‘put the final nail in the coffin’ of my perpetrator which began my true healing.
- I found an appreciation and respect for my sister’s significant other, Heather, and we became good friends (or at least I consider her a good friend ;).)
- Hopeful Hearts Ministry became an official 501 c3 Non-profit.
- We filmed 5 ‘I Have a Voice’ videos and have reached thousands across the world which even led me to working with survivors in Scotland and the UK.
- I became a columnist for CHOOSE-NOW MINISTRIES. (click to see my articles)
- I traveled to Germany, Washington, Illinois, Anguilla, and Mexico.
- 13.1 baby!! I ran the Angie’s 1/2 Crazy Marathon.
- I turned 40 and ‘arrived’ ;).
- Neal re-proposed after 20 years (17 years of marriage).
- I was featured in the Houston Chronicle as a ‘Face to Know’. (click to see the article)
- REDEEMED (the follow- up novel to EXPOSED) got picked up by CHOOSE-NOW PUBLISHING. (Tentative to release in June 2014)
- We lost all of our Christmas in a storage fire but found love, hope, and joy through our community of family and friends who stepped in and helped us to start fresh.
- I got to be a part of the Maria Goretti Network meeting with Cardinal DiNardo and the Presbyter Council and have great hopes for many chapters coming to life in 2014.
That’s 13 positive things for 2013, more than one for each month of the year! Not too shabby…and I bet I could come up with more if I put more thought into it. So even though the year felt difficult and proved to be trying at times it was still a stellar year. And I don’t want to belittle the new friendships I’ve created this year as well. I’ve been abundantly blessed.
Blessings to you and yours!